Sunday, January 2, 2011

"The kings Speech" a timely feel great movie

Colin firth and Geoffrey Rush were wonderful and certainly will be in the running for an award on Academy award night.

Its a pleasant movie about the present day Queen Elizabeth's father King George VI . He suffered from stammering and this true story tells about his struggle and his relationship with his speech therapist. With his Great Grandson William's impending wedding,it gives us another peek into the "royals"

Besides great acting, wonderful scenery and inspirational story, I loved the costumes. I enjoyed the hats of the late 1930s and early 40s as well as their hair styles and clothes.

My only complaint was it ended too soon and I would have liked to see more of the King's leadership during the war. Perhaps another movie???

1 comment:

  1. I also like "period pieces" and will definitely see this film. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete